Happy summer everyone! Even though it's almost mid-July, it feels like summer has only just begun! I am getting ready to partner with my fabulous friend, Dena for a Zuri trunk show, so I thought I would share a few cocktail and mocktail recipes I found as I was searching around for something easy and (somewhat) healthy to serve. A delicious and easy cocktail recipe is always good to have on hand! If you know me, then you know cooking isn't exactly my area of expertise. But these four recipes struck me as "something I can do!" And when that happens, I know I have to share them, because if I think they're doable and delicious, then I know you will too. Let me know what you think!
- 6 cups Cubed seedless Watermelon (Chilled and peeled)
- 4 Cups Cold Water
- ¾ Cup fresh strained lemon juice (Chilled)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar (can substitute for Stevia and put in as little or as much as you like)
- Ice and fresh mint for serving
- Add watermelon to a blender (blend until pureed), then pour through a mesh strainer into a bowl
- In a large pitcher mix water, lemon juice, and sugar till all dissolved. Stir in the watermelon puree.
- Finally Stir add ice and mint leaves to glasses, pour and enjoy!
Sangrias can normally be pretty high in sugar, so I liked how this one uses a white wine base and cut out the other stuff by just adding lots of fresh fruit and a little bubbly! Natural sweetness from fruits like pears, peaches, strawberries or apples will give you the sweetness you want without feeling guilty for all the extra additives.
Serves about 8
- 2 kiwis
- 8 Sprigs Mint
- 2 Peaches
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1 (750mL) bottle sparkling white wine
- 1 (750mL) bottle white wine
I couldn’t go without giving you all a healthy alternative to my favorite drink. I'm not a health nut, but I am trying to be more conscious about all the hidden ingredients I'm putting into my body. Apparently, margarita mixes have a long list of ingredients...who knew? Ok - maybe you did - but I'm just now catching up! This recipe is not only has a short list of ingredients, but it's also paleo-friendly! So if you're paleo, this one's for you!
- 1-2 limes (Add more or less to personal taste)
- Soda Water
- Salt (if desired)
- 2 shots (3 ounces) of 100% agave tequila
- Pour 2 shots (3 ounces) of 100% agave tequila in shaker
- Add juice and pulp from lime
- Add ice and shake together
- Fill glass with mixture and some soda water for bubbles
- Garnish with salt and lime wedge if desired
This one might be my favorite! Who doesn't love a little rose in the summer?! And it is super simple too!
- For the lemonade:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup cold water
- For the rest:
- 1 cup rosé wine
- To make the lemonade, combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and stir to dissolve the sugar. Let cool.
- Add the fresh lemon juice and water to the sugar mixture and stir to dissolve. Refrigerate until cold.
- Before serving, mix the lemonade with the rosé wine. Divide between two glasses and serve.
Enjoy!! Let us know what you think or if you try any!